Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 20: A Pound Cake for Father's Day

 
This weekend has been a busy one; packing up and delivering Autumn to The Georgia Governors Honors Program while still having some fun for Fathers' Day.  I knew that I would only have time for a tried-and-true recipe and not a new baking adventure.  I still wanted to make a special cake for Keith to enjoy on Fathers' Day.  I was relieved when Keith's chose, not surprisingly, a pound cake.

Since next week will mark my 26th week of cakes, I thought I would list my "keepers," so far.  Of course, I have not included the recipes from my regular repertoire, just the new recipes that I have tried for the first time as Saturday Cakes.  You will notice that a Caramel Cake is not in this list (I shall endeavor to perfect the caramel cake in the next six months, honest, I mean it).

Victoria Sponge (January 17)
Mace Cake (February 28)
Feud Cake (April 11)
Mexican Chocolate Cake (May 2)
Queen of Sheba (May 9)
Pecan Molasses Bundt with Bourbon Glaze (May 30)
Basil Pound Cake (June 14)

Have a happy Fathers' Day and celebrate the Summer Solstice with some cake!

Next Saturday: Pearl's Banana Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment